CREATE Homeland Security Fellowships for USC Master's and Doctoral Students
CREATE, the National Center for Risk and Economic Analysis of Terrorism Events which is funded by the U.S Department of Homeland Security, is offering graduate scholarships (for Master's students and for a Ph.D students) to include stipends, tuition remission and/or both. Multi-year continuation will be granted based on satisfactory progress.
We are seeking University of Southern California SPPD-MPP, Viterbi-ISE and LAS-Economics applicants with a specific interest in homeland security and terrorism research. CREATE focuses on three main areas of research in homeland security: risk assessment, risk management and economic consequences of terrorism. Example areas of study include economic modeling or simulation, decision analysis, game theory, systems analysis, and operations research.
- Program begins in Fall and Spring semesters for up to two/three years
- Tuition remission and stipend potential
- U.S. Citizen
- GRE Score above 1200
- GPA of 3.30 or higher
- Applicants must be admitted to the USC Viterbi School of Engineering, the USC Sol Price School of Puclic Policy, or USC Dornsife College of Letters, Arts & Sciences as a Master's of Ph.D. candidate
- Applicant must be willing to make and honor a commitment to provide one year's service in a homelande security related job.
- Completion of project related to homeland security
- For PhD students, thesis topic related to homeland security
To apply, please submit the following items to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Statement of proposed research project (250 words max)
- Two faculty references
- GRE Score