Certificate in Homeland Security and Public Policy
This graduate certificate program provides students with a foundation in homeland security and public policy. It is designed to provide expertise to individuals working the field with an interest in refining their risk and security analysis skills as well as others with interest in the field. The certificate develops risk analysis skills and provides students the knowledge needed to understand the issues surrounding the increasingly important issues of homeland security and public policy. This program may be taken in-person or online.
The certificate in homeland security and public policy consists of 15-16 units of graduate course work depending on the course selected.
Required Core Course (4 UNITS)
- Homeland Security and Public Policy, PPD 683 (4 units)
Choose three of the following (11-12 units)
Students will select three courses from the following list which will total either 11 or 12 units depending on the selection.
- Economics for Policy, Planning, and Development, PPD 501ab (4 units)
- Modeling and Operations Research, PPD 557 (4 units) or
- Introduction to Operations Research, ISE 530 (3 units) or
- Value and Decision Theory, ISE 562 (3 units)
- PRisk Analysis, PD/ISE 587 (4 units)
Admission Requirements and Application Procedures
Current USC Graduate Students -- Applicants for the Certificate in Homeland Security and Public Policy who are currently enrolled in a graduate program at USC and are in good standing with a 3.0 GPA only need to submit the appropriate paperwork for adding the certificate program, which may be obtained from the student services advisor in RGL 102.
Prospective Applicants -- Applicants for the Certificate in Homeland Security and Public Policy who have not matriculated at USC must make a formal application at the USC Graduate Admissions website: http://www.usc.edu/admission/graduate/
Applicants must submit the following items:
1. Official transcripts from ALL institutions attended directly to our office listed below:
Office of Recruitment and Admissions
650 Child's Way - RGL 111
Los Angeles, CA 90089
2. Resume (upload via online application)
3. A Letter of Recommendation (uploaded via online application)
Please contact the USC Price Office of Admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.